BLUEMAX® BOILER GASKETS:
- Easy to install
- Easy to remove – Teflon!
- Chemical resistance – inert with most chemicals
- For rough surfaces – conformal
- Extra-long shelf life
Blue Max® boiler gaskets are made from a special formula glass/elastomer-impregnated tacky cloth. The gaskets have their sizes clearly marked for easy installation. These super-strong gaskets resist splitting due to over-tightening flange surfaces.
Check our Torque guide below.
Blue-Max® boiler gaskets will give you all of the advantages of an asbestos gasket without the health risks. Blue-Max® gaskets are manufactured from a proprietary tacky cloth of glass synthetic fibers and brass wire, and impregnated with a blue elastomer compound.
- Zero Leakage Under Pressure: Even the slightest leakage is too much, as it increases maintenance and reduces boiler life. Tests by major boiler manufacturers confirm that Blue-Max® gaskets seal- with zero leakage-on steam to 450 psi and on cold-water hydro tests up to 1500 psi and Blue-Max® gaskets withstand working temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Rubber gaskets simply can’t withstand that kind of pressure and heat.
- Easily Removed : Removal is easy and requires no scraping, chiseling or grinding. This is important in reducing the maintenance costs and down time. Sizes Clearly Marked : Each Blue-Max® gasket is permanently marked with its size, so you’ll know immediately you have the appropriate one.
- Easy Problem Free Installation : Blue-Max® gaskets offer installation advantages over other types. Because of the materials construction and strength, there is no danger of over tightening the gasket and cutting it in half. A Blue-Max® gasket naturally lays flat on the flange and requires no special installation tools, procedures or training. Simply install the gasket and crank it down. Refer to Step #4 on the Installation Instructions.
- Interchangeable Sizes : Corresponding OB round and oval sizes are interchangeable, thanks to the unique properties of the material. It is not necessary to stock separate gaskets to accommodate slight size variations and chances of a dangerous mismatch are thereby reduced.
- Maximum Sealing on Rough Surfaces : Rough and pitted surfaces on old or poorly maintained flanges pose no problem for a Blue-Max® gasket. The material is resilient enough to conform perfectly to surface topography and maintain the tightest possible seal.
- Chemical Resistant : The proprietary Teflon wrap is resistant to the chemicals used in treating boiler water, so gaskets will last longer.
- Extended Shelf Life : A Blue-Max® Gasket won’t dry out or lose its strength while in sits on the shelf.
ELLIPTICAL & OBROUND STYLES AVAILABLE